Monday, June 15, 2015

Sun Tea

The world has thawed out and is bursting with life. My roses are in full bloom, and so is my sage, thyme, lavender, and chives. The Bumble Bees are back!



Thanks to some pruning my rose bush looks better than it ever has.
Lavender! 

Me at Longwood Gardens (my favorite place on Earth)



A day this hot calls for some refreshing sun tea. Sun tea is great because it keeps you out of the kitchen on a hot day.  Who wants to stand over the hot stove and pour boiling water (and probably some of your sweat) over tea bags when it’s 90 degrees out? Maybe people with air conditioning…….but since I do NOT have ac, I make sun tea!





I use a quart size mason jar, but you can use any glass container with a lid.
Add 3 tea bags for every 2 cups of water. (I used organic green tea)
Screw on the lid and put it in a sunny spot for two to three hours. Test tea strength before bringing in to make sure it’s to your liking. If it’s too weak, leave it out for another hour. If you feel it is too strong you can dilute it with ice and water before drinking. Add some lemon, mint, honey, or sugar. Enjoy!

The finished product. Add mint and lemon to flavor if you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment