Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Space Age Kitten Heels DIY!!!



Being in a wedding is one of life's greatest honors. 

According to some of the bridezilla stories we've all heard, It's also quite possibly one of life's greatest headaches!  

I am lucky though, and the retro-loving-bride-to-be has given us maids (and matrons) some creative freedom over our  look! What a relief because I can't seem to find silver shoes anywhere this season, and that is exactly what the bridal party needs. Lucky for me I happened to have some silver spray paint and masking tape in my basement. Perks of being married to a guy who saves everything! 

Sitting around just waiting to be needed one day.
Shoes I have leftover from MY wedding. Worn only one other time after I tied the knot in them. 
I just taped up the parts I didn't want to get painted. 


Then I took them outside and sprayed them with the paint. It took two coats. 
                                                     

Voila! Super cute, silver kitten heels! Cost me nothing! Note: It took two FULL days for them to dry, even though they were in a sunny and dry room. So this is not something you want to do the day before you need them.


2 comments:

  1. I would have never known these were spray painted! Way to be resourceful AND creative- also thanks for all the tips. TWO FULL DAYS TO DRY? That is crazy, but understandable and I'm glad I know not to do something like this the night before a big event. You make a killer bridesmaid xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete